2022 visa for families of Ukrainians factsheet.
In view of the hardships, which are unprecedented in modern times, that people of Ukraine are currently facing, the government is introducing a new option for Ukrainians in New Zealand to have their loved ones join then in Aotearoa.
- Ukrainians in New Zealand can apply from 15 March 2022 to bring their families here.
- to be living in Ukraine as at January 2022;
- be of acceptable health and good character;
- have an eligible sponsor who is a New Zealand citizen or resident;
- The applications are accepted from parents, grandparents, siblings and adult children;
- The application process differs from other visas and is sponsor-centered. The sponsor will nominate a family member, advise INZ accordingly, and, if successful, will be sent an application form to pass on to the family member. The sponsor or the family member mustthen send in the application within 4 months after receiving a notification from INZ.
- If a 2022 visa for families of Ukrainians is granted, the successful applicant must enter the country within 9 months.
- Last but not least, there is no INZ fee for this application.