Do your loved ones want to accompany you temporarily at this stage? Depending on your situation, desires and intentions, you may consider having your family over in New Zealand on visitor visa for partners and dependent children. All things being equal, you can consider further visa options later.
may apply for visitor visas, if appropriate for their needs. The duration of such visas will not exceed their partners' or parents' visas.
- be living together;
- meet partnership recognition requirements;
- in addition, the supporting partner should meet the character requirements
Immigration New Zealand will usually approve their visas only if their parents meet a specified income threshold (currently NZ$43,322.76 per year before tax). Immigration instructions set forth this requirement in V3.10 of the Immigrations instructions
may be granted a visitor visa for partners and dependent children if the following is in place:
- they are living together in a genuine and stable partnership;
- the New Zealand partner, who supports the application, intends to be in New Zealand intends to be present in the country for the same period of time as applied for by the applicant;
- the minimum requirements for recognition of partnership are met; and
- the New Zealand partner meets the character requirements.
may be count on the approval of their visitor visa for a maximum stay of 9 months if:
- the parent intends to stay in New Zealand during the same period of time applied for by the dependent child; and
- the parent supports the application.
Talk to us for free – book your 30-minute consultation today. Our immigration adviser will go to great lengths to help you select the right type of visa. Your family's application will be in good hands. And so will the perspective of your family's reunification on New Zealand soil.