What is a Pathway Student Visa and who is it intended for?
It is a pilot project to become a permanent category from January 2021, allowing the student to study 3 consecutive courses on a single New Zealand Student Visa.
An important prerequisite is an offer of admission which you will need to secure from one or more Pathway Education Provider(s). This visa is a long enough for you to follow your qualification plan all the way through.
Here are some important highlights:
- the maximum validity is 5 years;
- students may work if the related standard requirements for student visas are met;
- like with any other student visa, you are supposed to fulfil the programme’s requirements, both academic and attendance ones;
- apart from all the regular requirements for a student visa, like the proof that you are law-abiding, have no major health issues, possess enough finance to support your stay in New Zealand throughout the course, meet accommodation restrictions, if applicable, and many more, some are specific to the New Zealand Pathway Student Visa as follows:
- you will need a supporting letter from all pathway education providers, if there are more than one of those;
- each programme of study you will endeavour to complete will require an offer of place which will meet a set of requirements;
- you will provide all the necessary evidence to satisfy the Immigration Officer that you have met the tuition fee requirements for the first programme (or the first year), as well as attesting to the fact that you are able to finance the balance of all your prospective studies.
If this visa is something you are contemplating, but you are somehow taken aback by the multitude of conditions, chat with us online, and our immigration specialist will guide you through the application process step by step.