Good news for holders of work and student visas – your partners may as well qualify for a work visa! Find out more below.
If your partner holds a work visa
- certain work visa holders, whose visas allow a stay in New Zealand of more than 6 months (Essential Skills Work Visas, Entrepreneur Visas, Work to Residence (granted when applied under Skilled Migrant Category), etc.), can support their partners to gain a special work visa, which may be granted for the same period as the applicant partner’s visa.
- under these instructions applicants are not required to produce a job offer.
If your partner has a valid student visa
- you may be eligible for a special work visa if your partner
- Studies for a level 7 or 8 qualification on the NZQF in an area of absolute skill shortage as specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List
- Studies or a level 9 or 10 qualification on the NZQF
- visas may be granted for the same period as your partner’s student visa
- you must prove availability of funds ($4200) for maintenance during their stay
- no job offer is required
|To find the visa that would be the best match for your circumstances, sign up for a free chat with our experienced immigration consultant.|